Sunday, it is an amazing day to just whip up some cakes. So today we are going back to basics to my ‘French Vanilla Rolled Strawberry Cake’. A long name but a short journey to spoil you with an amazing journey of rainbows and unicorns! YAY!
- 5 eggs
- 100 gr sugar
- ½ tbsp cake emulsifier (SP/ TBM)
- 100 gr flour
- 30 gr corn flour
- 1 tbsp water
- 100 gr unsalted margarine + extra for greasing
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- baking paper
- strawberry jam
- melt the margarine
- Using electric hand mixer, beat egg, sugar, and cake emulsifier until the mixture become white and double in size. Turn the mixer off.
- fold in the flour and corn flour. Use speed no.1
- add the vanilla extract and 1 tbsp water
- add the melted margarine
- grease the baking tray with margarine and line with baking paper
- pour the cake batter into the tray and bake in 190 C preheated oven for about 20 minutes
- take out the cake from oven and put it up side down on another baking tray/ cutting board that has been lined with baking paper
- remove the baking paper and spread the strawberry jam on the cake
- roll the cake up
Super Easy right? Snap a picture and send your creative result to my email to be featured on my next post!